La Mia Vita

randomness.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

There are some songs that just invoke so many emotions…all you need to hear are those first few beats to feel the rush of memories overtake you. It pisses me off to think that some songs are always going to be associated with negative feelings, and I hate you for that. I hate you for many reasons right now, but mainly I hate myself for putting up with it all. I can take a lot, no, actually I think I manage to purposely overlook actions that I claim I wouldn’t take from anyone. Clearly, you aren’t just anyone. But then again, neither am I. So I’m tired of being treated as if I were disposable, as though I’m the one who’ll be here whenever you need the reassurance of someone to call on. I need the same amount of commitment that I’m willing to give, the same kind of love I feel; and it’s clear I won’t find that in you.

Is it too much to say Dido is wise? Maybe, but she has good lyrics:
So see me when your 40, lost and all alone
being comforted by strangers you'll never need to know
not sad because you lost me
but sad because you thought it was cool to be sad
You think misery will make you stand apart from the crowd
well if you had walked past me today, I wouldn't have picked you out

What I did today:
-skipped french and political philosophy
-went to the DT picnic: had snacks and met new people
-went to textiles, and then art history
-studied the course schedule: realized I have no idea what classes to take next semester
-slept on the bus
-came home and watched Good Eats
-looked for places to live over the summer
-went to Mozart's with Ash and worked on my statement of purpose for j325
-didn't study for my textiles lab test

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home